Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Why I Charge For Readings

I don’t think a day goes by where someone doesn’t ask me for a free reading. When I say I don’t give free readings, they ask why I charge for my grift. If it’s a gift, I should share it for free. So I’m going to try to be as polite as I can muster and explain why I charge for my readings.

While some may call it a gift, I instead look at it as an abilitry. Even if I were to refer to it as a gift, I would still charge. Surgeons, musicians, artists and most talented people are said to be given a gift. Do you question them why they charge for their surgeries, music or paintings? I really doubt most would even bring up the subject. Yet I and others with the same types of abilities are constantly asked. We are professionals and take our work seriously.

Doing readings is how I earn my living. While it’s great to work from home, it’s not as great as you may think. I live on the west coast, with many of my clients on the east coast. Since this is a three hour time difference, I may have to get up between 4am and 5am so they can have their reading before they start their day. I also have clients on the other side of the world, different time zones, sometimes different days, and I may have to stay up till 2am or 3am because that’s the time they are usually on the computer and asking for a reading. If I have a lot of readings to do, I may only get 2 to 3 hours off to eat, sleep and hopefully take a shower. Many of my email readings can take as long as an hour or more to perpare.

When I do readings from the http://liveperson.com/ms-yvonne website, I have to pay to use their platform. I’m charged a commission for each and every reading I perform, rather it be live chat or eamil. I have to pay to host my own web site, http://www.readingsbymsyvonne.com/. I have to spend a lot of my time and sometimes my money to promote my business. If I didn’t charge you, I would have to pay to give my readings.

I have bills just like everyone else, so yes, I have to charge for my readings if I want to have a roofe over my head and food on the table. This is my job and just like you, I don’t like working for free.

When you need a reading, whether it be from me or someone else, remember they are trying to make a living just like you, so please don’t expect them to do it for free.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen MsYvonne! We all do our best to give to charity, help our neighbors, volunteer and do what we can but if all psychic readers tarot readers etc stopped getting paid we would end up working a full time job elsewhere unable to give readings at all.
I totally understand about not getting any solid sleep and being available on many time zones.
My goodness men make BILLIONS playing football and baseball etc.
Our gift is no different.
Much love and your contest looks fun!
Azz