Friday, August 13, 2010

Amethyst - Stone of Psychic Power




I use crystals in many ways and am always offering that information to my clients for their use. Lately, I’m receiving more and more questions about the different crystals and their use. For this reason, I thought I would write a few articles here to pass on that information.

I’m starting with Amethyst because this is a crystal I personally use often. It’s often referred to as the stone of psychic power. Most people know that it’s the birthstone for February and it’s purple. This stone can actually come in many shades from very light lilac to a beautiful deep purple. It’s a variety of quartz.

Over the centuries, Amethyst has been believed to be a healing stone and used for a variety of things. It has been used to guard against drunkenness and thought to help overcome addiction.
It has many properties including:
  • Calms emotions and reduces stress
  • Gives holder more optimistic and uplifting perspective
  • Powerful amulet for travelers
  • Transmitter of healing power of the universe
  • Increases psychic awareness
  • Kept with divination tool to enhance their qualities
  • Placed under the pillow, it helps with insomnia and induces prophetic dreams
  • Used to induce harmony
  • Helps promote mediation
  • Helps clear the aura
  • Boost hormones
  • Aids with Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue and helps the immune system
  • Used on the crown chakra

While it is the stone for February, its beautiful color makes it a favorite stone for jewelry. Its properties will not be affected if it’s placed in jewelry, just be sure that it’s a natural stone and not man made. It can be carried in a pocket, or my favorite place to carry it ladies, placed inside the cup of your bra. Placed under the pillow or inside your pillow slip, it will help with insomnia. If used in healing on, you can also just place it on the part of the body that needs to be healed.

These are just some of the uses for Amethyst, and if you have another use or know of more properties, please feel free to share that information with us. If you have any questions, please let me know and if I don’t have the information available, I’ll see what I can do to find out for you.
 
 
 

No comments: